“Digital inclusion” is a strategic partnership project proposal in the field of adult education, promoted by Association INFOMAMENTIS EUROPA (Italy); in collaboration with GODESK (Italy); RIVNESCO (Cyprus); KIR-COM (Turkey); KWB Consulting (United Kingdom); YSBF (Estonia).
The main purpose of the project is to improve, through the exchange of best practices, staff expertise of the organizations involved in adult education, in the field of digital literacy, especially for some target groups of people who are most disadvantaged in the labour market and more exposed to social exclusion, such as immigrants and the unemployed.
The partners involved in “Digital Inclusion”, while operating in geographically and culturally in different contexts, daily they have to face common challenges regarding technological, economic and migration changes, that are transforming both our society, and the labour market, which requires new skills and continuous knowledge updates. The organizations involved in adult education must take account of these changes and work in synergy with foreign partners; in order to discover and develop new methods and strategies, able to involve in greater amounts and more effectively disadvantaged adults in lifelong learning.
The partners are agree that a social inclusion should start from an intensive adult learning pathway that includes cultural, sensitivity and digital literacy. The integrated and innovative approaches, in order to support employability and social inclusion, will be : discovered thanks to the exchange of good practices; tested and learned by the staff of the participants’ organizations thanks to the project meeting and mainly during the Joint Staff Training Event; transferred to anyone dealing with an adult learning fostering the development of social, civic, intercultural competences, thanks to Open Educational Resources made available in English and in all partners’ National Languages.
The project will have an added value if carried out at transnational level, because the exchange of practices is effective only if coming from different contexts, approaches and cultural awareness.
The partners have identified as participants in the project:
1) direct beneficiaries(participants from partners’ organizations)professional manager; teacher/trainer for adults; other staff nin various way involved in dissemination activities.
2) Indirect beneficiaries, including persons as following:
– trainers and teachers working in the field of adult education;
– workers, executives, administrators or politicians who are in organizations (public and private) involved in combating social exclusion policies / actions;
– workers, executives, administrators or politicians who are in organizations (public and private) involved in migrants and refugees integration
– professionals working in support to migrants and unemployed
– social workers, psychologists and HR managers;
– representatives of ONG and Civic organizations involved in various way in adult education
– vocational schools and universities.
From the project are expected:
– tangible results: good practice examples, research report, web and digital tools (e.g. project’s website; blog; facebook page), new methodologies and approaches; trainings trainings resulting by joint staff training event, newsletters, leaflets.
– not tangible results; such as considerable increase in term of knowledge, skill and expertise of organizations involved, their staff and stakeholder, on main project’s issues (active citizenship, methodological approaches for adult learning, not-formal method in adult education and training; social communication methodology for the integration, digital education and community building).
The partners planned to have 5 Transnational Project Meetings, coinciding with “MILESTONES” of the project, and one Joint Staff Training Event, aimed to train the adult educators and gives the opportunity to increase the impact of the project. The Joint Staff Training Event will have a multidisciplinary approach and the really-intensive work-sessions where the staff is going to be able to transmit the knowledge and assess the learning pathway for the educators; in long term it will have an effect on the exploitation of the project results over the project lifetime.
The Joint Staff Training Event will involve two persons of the staff of each organization, but its benefits will be directed to the local communities of each member of the partnership, since the outcomes will be shared with the vast network of stakeholders that each partner has at local / national level.
The project will have impacts at the local, national and European level, in terms of enhancing the expertise of staff involved, as well as in term of increase the know-how of a large adult educators network, because the products and the expected results may be used by all those who work for the adult education and digital literacy of the unemployed and migrants.